Sorry I've been such a slaker the past few weeks but I do have an excuse - his name is Tyler. This is probably going to be a pretty long post so I can explain. Let me just say that this little boy has some very strong lungs. He would cry pretty much all night long every night. The longest he would sleep was about two and a half hours. Then he would be awake for about two more hours. We were exhausted and not getting ANY rest. We were still having some issues with nursing (he wouldn't eat for much longer than 10 minutes total). Things were getting progressively worse and last weekend was the absolute worst. We were actually taking turns sleeping on the floor in the living room so the other could sleep for a couple of hours. Then Tyler started screaming every time I would feed him after a minute or two and wouldn't eat anymore. I talked to the doctor and she said it sounded like he has colic and we just have to deal with it for a couple more months. I started doing some research and I read that craniosacral therapy can sometimes work in helping with colic. The massage therapist at the salon I used to work at does that so I called to see if she worked on babies. She said yes so I took him in on Tuesday to see her because I was willing to try anything. I figured it couldn't hurt. It was really weird and I don't actually know what she did, BUT IT WORKED!! He's been much better this whole week and he actually sleeps for about four to five hours every night. He actually smiles now and is such a happy baby.
Here are some pictures of the past few weeks.


We had Tyler blessed two weeks ago. I forgot to take a close up of just him, but I think my mom took one.

Tyler and Kaylee both have the same outfit so we had to take a picture of the two of them together. I think Kaylee likes her little cousin. She's always wanting to play with him.


Look how chubby our little guy is. I had him weighed Monday and he was 12 pounds 10 ounces. What a chunk! His belly is hanging over his diaper.
Today Pat was wearing a 49ers shirt so I decided that we should all wear something 49ers and take a family photo.
6 comments:
I'm so glad to hear that Tyler is doing better! It's amazing what getting sleep can do to a person! I wish I would've known sooner that he wasn't sleeping because I definately would've told you about the massage. My little nephew had the same problem, it has to do with the whole delivery proccess and the stress/pressure that it causes.
Cute pics of Tyler. Glad he is doing better.
Good to hear what's up with you guys...looks like you're all niner fans!
Cute pictures of cute little Tyler. I see such a resemblance of both of you in him in those pictures. What a cutie he is!! Love you guys- Gramma
He is getting so big! VERY CUTE! Hopefully things get easier in time... babies get easier as they get bigger! Good luck!
What a great update of pictures. Tyler is a doll. You guys all look great.
Post a Comment